Monday, June 17, 2013

Moving


My dad has officially retired! So it is now time for my parents and sister to start a new chapter, and move to Lakes Entrance. They will be country folk again, and they are very excited about it. My dad said that he is never moving again, and the only way he will leave is in a pine box. 

I am so happy for them, this moving has been in the works for a couple of years now. But it will be sad to have them so far away. Instead of one hours drive, it will be four. My sister and I are really close and I see her almost every week. It will be strange not to see her as much. I'm going to miss her heaps.

It will take the kids some time to get used too as well.  They love sleep-overs at Grandad and Grandma's house. But life goes on, and Lakes Entrances is such a beautiful place to call home.  And we will always have a nice holiday destination to visit.

On Sunday we had my folks over to a celebratory roast dinner and we snapped some happy shots in the reserve behind our place. It has been years since I have had a picture taken with my parents. I think they turned out rather well even though I really hate having my picture taken. 

0 comments: